Clean Hands - Pure Heart

In this post, I will let the scriptures speak for themselves. Please take your time with the post and even print it out if needed. Much power resides in God's word, and should be taken seriously. I pray this helps each one who reads it.


He who has clean hands and a pure heart will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God his Savior. They are those who will ascend the hill of the Lord and stand in His holy place. -PSALM 24:3-5

Wash your hands you sinners and
purify your hearts you double-minded. -JAMES 4:8

Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say: We have sinned and rebelled -LAM 3:41-42


CLEAN HANDS-
According to the cleanness of my hands, God rewarded me -PSALM 18:20-24

Lift up holy hands in prayer without anger or disputing -1TIM 2:8

The righteous will hold to their ways and those with clean hands will grow stronger -JOB 17:9

Dont work on your own, that will give you dirty hands. Work with God. He will do it all, that is a gift to you, just trust Him. And do not boast afterwards that you did it on your own
-refer to EPH 2 and ROMANS 4


PURE HEART-
It is with one heart that you believe and are justified and with your mouth that you confess and are saved -ROMANS 10:10

It is with your heart and mouth that you may glorify God -ROMANS 15:6

Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God -MATT 5:8

If you have doubts hidden in your belief, then you are double-minded and unstable. Out of the abundance of your heart, your mouth will speak.
-refer to JAMES 1:6-8 and LUKE 6:45


Clean hands? Pure heart?
That is our goal.

8 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Thank you for sharing these scriptures! I love the song that uses the clean hands, pure heart scriptures.

I'm going to look over them again!

Love,
Beth

Melanie Yardley said...

I like that song too, Beth! I pray that your search is fruitful ;D

Sidharth said...

This is amazing, Melanie.

Thanks for compiling these verses. They speak a lot. I will be back to meditate on it.

Sid

Sidharth said...

Interesting He mentions the heart before the hands.

Abba has been opening my eyes more and more to His effective work on my heart. Peter says that He caused us to be born-again......He took our heart of stone and gave us a heart of flesh. These verses you have posted make it clear to me how the work of His on our hearts shows forth fruitfulness in our hands/works, so none of may boast as though it is our doing.

HE is our all in all.

Melanie Yardley said...

thats right, Sid! it is not by our might and power,but ALL HIM ...as long as we allow it to be Him and not us

Beth in NC said...

Hi Melanie, you have a fabulous blog award on my page. Come and retrieve it when you have a second.

Blessings!
Beth

Candace Jean July 16 said...

I'm with Beth in NC - love the song "Give us clean hands..." This post is a definite bookmark.

Congrats on your award from Beth! I'm humbled to be in such spiritual company :) God bless.

Melanie Yardley said...

Thanks, Beth!! I posted a comment on your blog <3

Thank you for checking out my post, Candace! I look forward to reading your posts, we can never fill ourselves too much with Gods word :)

SHALOM!