A sacrifice

Jesus sacrificed His life so that we may enter Heaven through Him (there is no other way to get into Heaven). That is such a powerful sacrifice; He set aside His diety to be flesh on Earth, and without doing any wrong, He was killed and His blood was shed for us.

What sacrifice are we now required to make?

"Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name." - Hebrews 13:15 NLT

Can we do this? It actually sounds simple: Praise and thank God throughout my day. However, when my day is filled with emotions, fear, discord, busy-ness, etc. I do not always stop and make that sacrifice.

My goal throughout the rest of my life: To thank and praise God in the midst of my days, regardless of what I am going through.

I am reminded of a saying, "It is not WHAT we go through, but HOW we go through it." It is a matter of our heart.

1 comment:

Sidharth said...

Amen, thank you for reminding me this, Melanie.

The Lord bless you and your little baby.

Sid